St. Peters Facts & Figures
St. Peters Facts
- St. Peters, Missouri, population of 56,076 (2014 U.S. Census Bureau estimate), is a growing community situated perfectly in one of the state's fastest-growing counties, St. Charles County, just northwest of St. Louis County. St. Peters is less than 30 miles from downtown St. Louis City. GET MAP.
- Money Magazine named St. Peters to the Top 100 list of Best Places to Live in America in 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2017 (No. 15 overall and the No. 1 Place in Missouri).
- St. Peters' retail service area encompasses an estimated 30-mile radius
with a population of approximately 350,000 in the 10-mile radius
immediately surrounding the City.
- St. Peters' median income is $74,000, and the median home price is $168,100, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The City’s economy continues to diversify with modern housing, numerous commercial enterprises, several shopping centers, support services, and some industries. Job growth increased by 4.57% from 2000-2009, according to Money Magazine.
- More than 2,300 businesses are licensed in St. Peters. Newer retail businesses to the area include: Academy Sports + Outdoor, Burlington, Ross Dress for Less, Ulta Beauty, Famous Footwear, Menards, Dick's Sporting Goods, Brunswick Zone, and Hobby Lobby.
- Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters is the largest mall in St. Charles County, with more than 160 shops plus dining and a 14-screen theater.
- You can search for a St. Peters business online by keyword or category.
- St. Peters is home to the world-class St. Peters Rec-Plex recreation and fitness complex. The 236,000 square-foot facility includes 3 ice rinks, 2 gymnasiums, a multipurpose-gym, a natatorium with competition lanes, diving towers and a leisure pool with slide, plenty of recreation classes, and more.
- Our community has 25 parks with 1,283 acres of parkland and a system of 20 miles of paved trails for pedestrians and cyclists.
- St. Peters' Cultural Arts Centre attracts more than 60,000 visitors annually and hosts dozens of art shows and events each year.
- St. Peters Golf Club offers an affordable, well-maintained 18-hole course for the community.
- The 300-acre 370 Lakeside Park is the largest municipal park in St. Charles County. The park, centered around a 140-acre recreational lake, offers boating, fishing, camping (including a popular RV Park), archery and more, plus hosts our community's annual Celebrate St. Peters event.
BACK TO THE TOP
Largest St. Peters Employers*
Employer, No. of Employees
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 970
Fort Zumwalt School District R-II (7 schools in St. Peters), 709
City of St. Peters, 522
Walmart (3 stores), 461
RB Manufacturing, 395
Dierbergs (2 locations), 353
Boone Center Incorporated, 350
Francis Howell School District R-III (2 schools), 347
Schnucks (2 grocery stores), 256
Shop 'n Save (2 grocery stores), 255
Seyer Industries, Inc., 252
Schenker, Inc. (staffing service), 240
Costco Wholesale #382, 230
JC Penney, 196
Target Stores #1035, 184
St. Charles County Ambulance District, 180
Midwest Service Group, 170
Dillards Department Store, 168
Saia Motor Freight Lines, 160
*Source: City of St. Peters business license data, January 2018 (both full-time and part-time positions)
TO THE TOP