Youth Activities at the Rec-Plex
The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers activities for all age groups. We are a family-friendly recreation and fitness center with options for Mom, Dad, grandparents and kids. On this page, learn all of the different ways your child can enjoy activities at the Rec-Plex.
For a quick overview of the Rec-Plex's offerings for youth, download this chart:
"WHAT CAN MY KIDS DO AT THE REC-PLEX?"
TO ENTER THE REC-PLEX:
- Children 6 years old and under must be accompanied at all times by a guardian who is at least 13 years old.
- Children 7-9 years old must have a guardian in the building who is at least 13 years old.
Learn more below about kids' activities, facilities and guidelines, including the Youth Fitness Room, Tot Drop, swimming, ice skating, sports/activities, fitness area access, summer camps and family-friendly events:
NEW! Rec-Plex Youth Fitness Room for ages 7-12
Our Youth Fitness Room provides a space for children of Rec-Plex guests to enjoy games and activities under the supervision of Rec-Plex staff. The Youth Fitness Room is available for children ages 7 to 12 years. Children ages 7-9 must have a guardian present at the Rec-Plex campus during their visit.
YOUTH FITNESS ROOM HOURS:
- Monday-Thursday, 4-8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon
(Tot Drop for children as young as 3 months old is available at the same times for younger children -- learn more about the Tot Drop below.)
YOUTH FITNESS ROOM FEES:
- Rec-Plex Passholder: $3.25/child per visit*
- Non-Passholder: $4.00/child per visit*
- FREE for children on Family and Grandparent Family GOLD+ Memberships!
*1 visit = 2-hour maximum
Check in at the Front Desk for the Youth Fitness Room.
BONUS: YOUTH FITNESS CLASSES (available weekly at no extra charge with Youth Fitness Room admission)
- Junior Power Time, Mondays, 6-7 PM: Kids ages 7-12 will have a good
time learning how to get in shape and stay in shape for better health!
We’ll teach cross-training techniques that introduce kids to various
types of exercise. Your child will learn skills that challenge and boost
cardio and muscular endurance, increase strength and improve
- FitKids, Wednesdays, 6-7 PM: Kids who move and use their creativity are happier! This class will promote exercise and athletic movements in a fun, game-oriented setting. Participants will contribute to the rules and design of the activities, leading to a fun experience of healthy competition and exercise. Each class is unique!
- Ready, Set, Move!, Thursdays, 5:30-6 PM: Put your game face on and get your sweat going! In this 30-minute class we play games designed to incorporate movement and fun!
- Bootcamp Basics, Thursdays, 6–7 PM: 50% strength, 50% conditioning and 100% fun! This class will teach kids proper techniques and form for basic strength training, while keeping them entertained with games and activities to get their heart rate up.
Tot Drop for ages 3 months to 8 years
Our Tot Drop babysitting service is located on the main level. If you're in a Rec-Plex class or you're a Rec-Plex member, you may reserve a spot for your child for a fee. Babysitting is available for children ages 3 months to 8 years for parents (or guardians) who are participating in an activity on the Rec-Plex campus. A two-hour maximum is considered one visit. Check the Rec-Plex Calendar for the latest Tot Drop hours. (For ages 7-12, check out the Youth Fitness Room -- see above.)
TOT DROP FEES
- Rec-Plex Passholder: $3.25/child per visit
- Non-Passholder: $4.00/child per visit
- FREE for children included on Family and Grandparent Family Gold Plus Memberships! (Subject to availability. We encourage advance registration.)
TOT DROP RESERVATIONS
Rec-Plex Class Participants: If you are participating in a Rec-Plex class, you may reserve a spot for your child during the time that you are in class. All you need to do is bring a copy of your class registration form to the Tot Drop room and set up the dates you will use Tot Drop service during your class. Additional details are available in the Tot Drop room.
Rec-Plex Passholders: Anyone with a valid Rec-Plex Annual Pass or GOLD PLUS Pass may reserve Tot Drop babysitting service up to two weeks in advance. Show your Rec-Plex Pass in the Tot Drop to reserve a spot. Additional details are available at the Tot Drop room.
CHECK REC-PLEX CALENDAR FOR TOT DROP HOURS
Kids love our Natatorium (pool area), with its zero-depth entry into our Leisure Pool, plus vortex, current channel, play features and waterslide. Enjoy our world-class Natatorium, but please also observe these policies:
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years old.
- You must be at least 4 feet tall to use the waterslide.
- Parents are not allowed to accompany a child down the waterslide.
- Children under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub, except when accompanied in the water by an adult during family hot tub hours (typically on weekends after noon.
- To maintain health standards, the Rec-Plex requires children who need diapers to wear a special aquatic or “swim” diaper in the water. These diapers are specifically designed for use in the water and may be purchased at our front desk. As an alternative, children may wear rubber swim trunks, which have elastic around the waist and leg openings.
Check our online calendar for open swim times. The Rec-Plex also has a popular Learn to Swim program for ages 18 months and up. Check Rec-Connect to view and register for swim lessons.
Ice skating is a fun way for your family
to spend some quality time together and stay active! The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers
public ice skating sessions throughout the week for the whole family. We have ice skate
rentals for child sizes 6 and up.
Check our online calendar for public ice skating sessions. The Rec-Plex also has a popular Learn to Skate program for ages 3 years and up. Check Rec-Connect to view and register for ice skating lessons.
Keep your kids active with instructional youth baseball, hockey programs, open play basketball and more at the Rec-Plex:
- T-Ball (age 4-5)
- Coach Pitch Baseball (ages 6-7)
- Open play basketball (ages 6+)
- Basic & Intermediate Classical Fencing (ages 10+)
- Learn to Hockey Skate Class (ages 4-15)
- Stick & Puck Ice Hockey Sessions
Check our online calendar for open play basketball times. For other sports programs, you can register online using Rec-Connect.
Our Family Fitness program at the St. Peters Rec-Plex offers opportunities for youth to work out under the guidance of fitness professionals -- and in some cases alongside their parents. Check out these offerings:
- Mommy (or Daddy) & Me Exercise Class (ages 18 months-2 years)
- Preschoolers Can Exercise! Class (ages 3-4)
- Exer-Fun Class (ages 5-8)
- Tumbling Class (ages 2-7)
- On Stage Sparkle & Shine Private Dance & Stage Performance One-on-One Instruction (ages 3+)
- Junior Power Time Class (ages 7-11)
- Zumba Kids Class (ages 7-11)
- FitKids Class (ages 7-11)
- Youth Fitness Orientation Class (ages 12-15 -- see below for more information)
- Youth Weight Training Class
- Rec-Plex Xtreme (RPX) Cycling Classes (ages 12-15 with parent)
- Member Group Aerobics Classes (ages 13-15 with parent) - FREE for members!
- Personal Training
Check out Rec-Connect for class times and registration.
Make summer fun and active for your child: Let them unplug and play at Rec-Plex Summer Camps! Our Activities Camps and Sports Camps give kids ages 6-12 a chance to meet new friends, play games, go on field trips,
and enjoy plenty of Rec-Plex activities such as swimming, diving, ice
skating and more. Click here to learn more about St. Peters Summer Camps.
Fitness Areas & Youth Fitness Orientation
Certain fitness areas at the Rec-Plex, such as the weight room, cardio room, indoor track and Dynamic Training Center, are available to adults ages 16+, but in order to give families more opportunities to work out together, the Rec-Plex has provided an opportunity for kids ages 12-15 to access these areas.
If you are between the ages of 12 and 15, you can gain access to our weight/cardio/track area at the Rec-Plex and the Dynamic Training Center by completing our Youth Fitness Orientation Class under these conditions:
- Students ages 12 & 13 MUST HAVE A PARENT ACCOMPANY THEM DURING YOUTH FITNESS ORIENTATION CLASS & WHEN WORKING OUT AT THE REC-PLEX. The parent does not pay to attend the course.
- Students ages 14 & 15 may attend the Youth Fitness Orientation Class on their own. Once they complete the class, they gain the privilege of using the fitness areas without a parent, although we recommend adult supervision for anyone under 16.
- Access to the fitness areas is a revocable privilege, and fitness area usage may be suspended in the case of improper or unsafe behavior.
- We will issue youth ages 12-15 a special fitness card after completion of the Youth Fitness Orientation Class. This fitness card must be shown upon request.
CLICK HERE FOR REC-CONNECT TO SIGN UP FOR YOUTH FITNESS ORIENTATION CLASS.
The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers a variety of fun family events throughout the year:
- Indoor and outdoor triathlons (ages 14+)
- Father-Daughter Sweetheart Dance (ages 5-13) – February
- DJ Skate (Oct-Feb)
- Halloween Spooktacular On Ice – October
- Breakfast with Santa (ages 2-8) – December
- Winter Wonderland On Ice Show – December
- Spring Ice Show – May
- New Year’s Eve Lock-In (ages 8-13)*
*FREE TO GOLD PLUS MEMBERS!
Browse our online calendar to learn more about upcoming events.