Youth Activities at the Rec-Plex
The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers activities for all age groups. We are a family-friendly recreation and fitness center with options for Mom, Dad, grandparents and kids. On this page, learn all of the different ways your child can enjoy activities at the Rec-Plex.
Check out this handout of everything your kids can do at the Rec-Plex!
TO ENTER THE REC-PLEX:
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied at all times by a guardian who is at least 13 years old.
Learn more below about kids' activities, facilities and guidelines, including the Youth Fitness Room, Tot Drop, swimming, ice skating, sports/activities, fitness area access, summer camps and family-friendly events:
Tot Drop for ages 3 months to 8 years
Our Tot Drop childcare service is located on the main level. Childcare is available for children ages 3 months to 8 years for parents (or guardians) who are participating in an activity on the Rec-Plex campus. You may reserve a spot for your child for a fee. A two-hour maximum is considered one visit. Check the Rec-Plex Calendar for the latest Tot Drop hours.
TOT DROP FEES
- Rec-Plex Family Passholder: FREE!
- Non-Passholder or other Passholder: $5/child per visit
TOT DROP HOURS
- Monday: 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:00-8:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:00-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:00-8:30pm
- Thursday: 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:00-8:30pm
- Friday: 8:00am-12:30pm, 4:00-7:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00-Noon
- Sunday: Closed
CHECK REC-PLEX CALENDAR FOR TOT DROP HOURS
Kids love our Natatorium (pool area), with its zero-depth entry into our Leisure Pool, plus vortex, current channel, play features and waterslide. Enjoy our world-class Natatorium, but please also observe these policies:
- Children 8 years old and under must be accompanied by a guardian at least 13 years old.
- You must be at least 4 feet tall to use the waterslide.
- Parents are not allowed to accompany a child down the waterslide.
- Children under 16 are not allowed in the hot tub, except when accompanied in the water by an adult during family hot tub hours (typically on weekends after noon.
- To maintain health standards, the Rec-Plex requires children who need diapers to wear a special aquatic or “swim” diaper in the water. These diapers are specifically designed for use in the water and may be purchased at our front desk. As an alternative, children may wear rubber swim trunks, which have elastic around the waist and leg openings.
Check our online calendar for open swim times. The Rec-Plex also has a popular Learn to Swim program for ages 18 months and up. Check Rec-Connect to view and register for swim lessons.
Ice skating is a fun way for your family
to spend some quality time together and stay active! The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers
public ice skating sessions throughout the week for the whole family. We have ice skate
rentals for child sizes 6 and up.
Check our online calendar for public ice skating sessions. The Rec-Plex also has a popular Learn to Skate program for ages 3 years and up. Check Rec-Connect to view and register for ice skating lessons.
Keep your kids active with instructional youth baseball, hockey programs, open play basketball and more at the Rec-Plex:
- T-Ball (age 4-5)
- Coach Pitch Baseball (ages 6-7)
- Little Kickers Soccer (ages 4-7)
- Open play basketball (ages 6+)
- Basic & Intermediate Classical Fencing (ages 10+)
- Learn to Hockey Skate Class (ages 4-15)
- Stick & Puck Ice Hockey Sessions
Check our online calendar for open play basketball times. For other sports programs, you can register online using Rec-Connect.
Our Family Fitness program at the St. Peters Rec-Plex offers opportunities for youth to work out under the guidance of fitness professionals, and in some cases alongside their parents. Check out these offerings:
- Creative Movements with My Little One (ages 1-3)
- Youth Fitness Orientation Class (ages 12-15 — see below for more information)
- Youth Weight Training Class
- Member Group Aerobics Classes (ages 13-15 with parent) — FREE for members!
- Personal Training
Check out Rec-Connect for class times and registration.
Make summer fun and active for your child! Let them unplug and play at Rec-Plex Summer Camps! Our Day Camps, Ice Camps and Art Experience Camps give campers a chance to meet new friends, play games, go on field trips,
and enjoy plenty of Rec-Plex activities such as swimming, ice
skating and more. Click here to learn more about St. Peters Summer Camps.
Fitness Areas & Youth Fitness Orientation
Certain fitness areas at the Rec-Plex, such as the weight room, cardio room, and indoor track, are available to adults ages 16+, but in order to give families more opportunities to work out together, the Rec-Plex has provided an opportunity for kids ages 12-15 to access these areas.
If you are between the ages of 12 and 15, you can gain access to our weight/cardio/track area at the Rec-Plex by completing our Youth Fitness Orientation Class under these conditions:
- Students ages 12 AND 13 MUST HAVE A PARENT ACCOMPANY THEM DURING YOUTH FITNESS ORIENTATION CLASS & WHEN WORKING OUT AT THE REC-PLEX. The parent does not pay to attend the course.
- Students ages 14 and 15 may attend the Youth Fitness Orientation Class on their own. Once they complete the class, they gain the privilege of using the fitness areas without a parent, although we recommend adult supervision for anyone under 16.
- Access to the fitness areas is a revocable privilege, and fitness area usage may be suspended in the case of improper or unsafe behavior.
- We will issue youth ages 12-15 a special fitness card after completion of the Youth Fitness Orientation Class. This fitness card must be shown upon request.
CLICK HERE FOR REC-CONNECT TO SIGN UP FOR YOUTH FITNESS ORIENTATION CLASS.
The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers a variety of fun family events throughout the year:
- Open Houses (free admission!)
- DJ Skate
- Nurf Warz
- Easter Egg Dive
- Rookies and Rockstars Triathlon
- Let It Snow Spring Ice Show
- Pool Parties at the Outdoor Pools
- Dive In Movies at The Cove at St. Peters
- Adult Softball Tournament
- Cardboard Boat Regatta
- Halloween Carnival
- Breakfast with Santa
- Winter Wonderland Winter Ice Show
Visit our Rec-Plex Events page to learn more about upcoming events.