Email This Page Print This Page
Additional Information Additional Links

Utility Franchise Tax Refunds

Gas MeterSt. Peters residents who are 62 years and older or those considered totally disabled by Social Security may be eligible to apply for a refund of their 2018 St. Peters utility franchise tax. This is the amount listed on your 2018 electric and gas bills as "St. Peters tax" and on the cable bills as "franchise fees."

To be eligible, your maximum 2018 adjusted gross income excluding any taxable Social Security income must not exceed $43,050 if single or $49,200 if married.

If you meet these criteria, stop by the Citizen Action Center at City Hall between April 1 and May 31, 2019, during regular business hours and bring along the following items:

  • proof of 2018 income
  • proof of age
  • 2018 letter of award from Social Security (if disabled)
  • 2018 electric, gas and cable bills

You are only eligible for a refund for the months when you were at least 62 years old or considered totally disabled.

For more information, call 636-477-6600, ext. 1225.

For more information, call ext. 1225 at either 636.278.2244 or 636.477.6600.

Back to top