Applying for and Renewing a License to Operate a Business in St. Peters
Online License Application Process
If you want to APPLY FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE ...
If you want to RENEW A ST. PETERS BUSINESS LICENSE ...
All businesses are required to have a business license in order to operate in the City of St. Peters. St. Peters businesses are now able to apply for licenses and view their accounts from a computer or mobile device through CitizenServe. Learn more about how you can apply for and manage your business license online
Here are common types of Business Licenses required in order to operate in St. Peters:
- General Business License (Commercial and Home-Based Businesses in the City)
- Body Art License (Tattooing, Piercing, Microblading, etc.)
- Commercial Animal License (Grooming, Kennel, Pet Shop, Shelter, etc.)
- Food Establishment License
- Hotel License
- Liquor License
- Massage Business
- Mobile Food Unit (Annual)
- Out of City General Business License (Contractor doing work in the City, Vending Company, etc.)
- Special Licenses (Amusement/Arcade Businesses, Billboards, Solid Waste, etc.)
- Temporary Licenses (Temporary Food, Itinerant and Multi-Vendors, Outdoor Music, Carnivals, etc.)
License fees vary depending upon the type of license.
For businesses occupying commercial property in the City of St. Peters, the license certificate will not be issued until you have your occupancy permit.
If your business has product that is subject to retail sales, a Certificate of No Tax Due must be obtained from the Missouri Department of Revenue before you apply for a City license. Learn how to apply for a state sales tax number, or call the Missouri Department of Revenue at 573-751-5860.
If you have questions, you can reach the St. Peters Business Licensing Office at 636-477-6600, ext. 1232, or by email at email@example.com.