Staff at the St. Peters Rec-Plex continues to space out equipment, sanitize regularly, wear masks, and plan programming in a responsible manner that balances your workout needs with all of our public health needs.
You, too, play an important role in public safety when you visit the Rec-Plex!
The CDC has a number of guidelines for various social activities, including using a gym or fitness center.
Here are a few tips that can help with public health while working out:
- Maintain at least 6 feet of separation as much as possible in areas that may lead to close contact among other people. We have helped by spacing out and limiting our fitness equipment to allow for social distancing.
- Wear a mask in areas where you could interact with others. We ask that you wear a mask whenever possible at the Rec-Plex.
- Masks are encouraged for the safety of others when social distancing is difficult and when the exercise type and intensity allows.
- If you're doing a high-intensity exercise, and you are unable to wear a mask, always stay at least six feet from others.
- Please do your part to wipe down the workout machinery and equipment before and after each use.
- Use hand sanitizer often.
- And, of course, stay home if you have any signs of infectious illness.
Please stay safe so we can all stay active!