More Details on Using Flex Registration for Ice Sessions
On July 6, the St. Peters Rec-Plex moved to an online registration/payment system for Freestyles, Stick and Pucks, and Public Ice Sessions. CLICK HERE to download a guide on how to use Flex Registration for Ice Sessions.
Phase 2 of Reopening to Begin July 6
June 26, 2020
Thank you so much to everyone who has visited the St. Peters Rec-Plex during our Phase 1 reopening! It's been wonderful to see our members, and your feedback has been helpful as we work to expand our programs and facility hours. We are excited to announce that Phase 2 of our Rec-Plex reopening is set to begin Monday, July 6. During this next phase, we will expand our Members Only Fitness Room hours, add ice programs, and offer Members Only group fitness classes and Pickleball.
We have made some adjustments to these programs that will allow us to space out for social distancing. And, we will continue to focus on sanitation, as we try to reopen as safely as possible for you and our staff.
What's New in Phase 2?
- Our Weight Room, Cardio-theater and Indoor Track will remain open to Members Only. But, hours will expand to the normal summer operations schedule, including early mornings, evenings and weekends!
- Group fitness classes will be available for Members Only Monday through Friday, although on a more limited basis in the spacious Rec-Plex Gym. This includes Active Older Adult classes on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- A number of ice programs will return with a focus on having fun while social distancing. Public ice skating sessions, Freestyle figure skating sessions, and Stick & Puck sessions will be available, but will also require online reservations through Rec-Connect. Ice skating classes also will return in July with a five-week session. We will have lower limits on participation for each ice session. If you do not have a Rec-Connect account, please set up your account ahead of time if you plan on registering for ice programs.
- Pickleball open play is back for Members Only. We will reopen on two courts at Rec-Plex South from 7 a.m.-noon, Monday through Friday. Bring your own paddle!
Cleaning and sanitation will continue to be a priority. We expect Rec-Plex staff and customers to stay home when experiencing symptoms of any infectious illness. Hand sanitizer is available throughout our facilities—please use hand sanitizer after touching surfaces. Water fountains remain unavailable. We have a bottle filler station at the Rec-Plex where you can refill your water bottle or a disposable cup. (Learn more below about our safety measures.)
The following Rec-Plex amenities remain unavailable during Phase 2 of our reopening: Basketball, Volleyball, Adult Drop-in Hockey, Tot Drop, Youth Fitness Room, Natatorium, Finish Line Café, showers, steam and sauna.
Our Natatorium (swimming and diving) is closed due to a major renovation project. We will complete the renovation project and look to reopen the pools in September.
Locks and towels remain unavailable. Please bring your own. Locker rooms are open (excluding showers, steam or sauna).
Phase 1 Reopening Announcement:
June 11, 2020
The St. Peters Rec-Plex will reopen our Fitness Rooms on June 15 to Members Only. And, as a thank-you to our loyal customers, we are not charging Rec-Plex members for the remainder of June.
We appreciate you for sticking with us, Members! And, thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
The Fitness Rooms that are opening to Members Only on June 15 are the Weight Room, Cardio Theater, Indoor Track, and adult locker rooms (except showers, steam and sauna). The June hours will be 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-8 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will close daily between 1 and 3 p.m. to allow for a deep cleaning and disinfecting of all open Rec Plex spaces. Lockers and towels are unavailable at this time.
Ice Rentals at Rec-Plex South also will resume June 15 with social distancing guidelines.
Learn more about our reopening plan:
What safety measures will be in place?
Since closing in March, we have been cleaning, sanitizing and planning for your eventual return. All of our work during the Rec-Plex closure has centered around this question:
How do we fulfill our mission to provide a wholesome place for fitness and fun for our community while maintaining safeguards needed to slow the spread of COVID-19?
The plan we have put together considers the expert health advice from the Centers for Disease Control and local health officials. As always, our first priority is the safety of our customers, staff and community.
- We’re opening to the public slowly and cautiously. We’re starting June 15 for Members Only in just the Fitness Rooms, during weekdays only with limited hours. And, we’ll begin Ice Rentals at Rec-Plex South on June 15. (Read more about facility availability, memberships and Ice Rentals below.)
- We’ve made a number of changes to allow for social distancing. We’ve spaced out equipment and marked areas to help separate visitors by at least 6 feet. (See the photos below for some of the changes for Fitness Rooms and Ice Rentals). We will also have you scan your own membership card, and we will have some protective shield barriers at our Registration Desk and Front Desk.
- Cleaning and sanitation will be a priority. This means increased frequency of sanitation on all surfaces, and enhanced cleaning of “touch point” areas such as doorknobs, countertops, light switches, handrails and exercise machines. We ask that customers use disinfectant on fitness equipment before and after each use.
- Water fountains are unavailable. We have a bottle filler station available so you can refill your water bottles. Disposable cups will also be available.
- Feel sick? Please stay home. Our policy for staff and customers is that you should stay home if you have symptoms of any infectious illness and especially if you have a fever of 100.4 or more.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the Rec-Plex and Rec-Plex South. Please use hand sanitizer after touching surfaces.
These photos show some of our social distancing measures in the Fitness Rooms:
What facilities will be available when the Rec-Plex reopens?
- We are opening the Fitness Rooms first to Members Only during limited hours beginning June 15. The Weight Room, Cardio Theater, Indoor Track, and adult locker rooms (except showers, steam and sauna) will be open to Members Only beginning June 15.
- Fitness Room Members Only hours will be 8 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3-8 p.m. from Monday through Friday. We will close daily from 1-3 p.m. for cleaning and sanitizing.
- The following Rec-Plex amenities are unavailable during this first phase of our reopening: Basketball, pickleball, volleyball, group aerobics, ice skating, freestyle skating, private ice lessons, drop-in hockey, Tot Drop, Youth Fitness Room, Finish Line café, locker room showers, steam and sauna. The Natatorium (swimming pools) are closed due to a major renovation project.
- Locks and towels are unavailable. Please bring your own.
- We will work toward expanding hours and amenities in the upcoming months within safety guidelines. Our goal is to be fully operational and have most, if not all, facilities and activities available in September. We will have more details in the coming weeks.
How will your Membership be affected by the reopening plan?We want to be as fair and accommodating as possible to our customers.
Here is how we plan to reopen:
- We will not charge our members for the month of June. Membership fees will be collected again in July. Not a member? Click here to learn how to join.
- If you paid your membership in full, we are currently adding more days to your membership. The additional days will be based on the number of days the Rec-Plex was closed—plus extra days covering the rest of June. You will receive a NEW expiration date by mail.
- You will have the option to contact us in order to freeze your membership between July 1 and August 31 if you are not ready to return. We want you to be comfortable before returning, but it’s important that you contact us in advance if you choose to freeze your membership, and it’s important that you contact us in advance if and when you choose to unfreeze your membership. All memberships will resume as normal in September, whether or not you chose to freeze your membership.
- GOLD+ members will pay basic annual rates until GOLD+ amenities become available. We recognize that we cannot provide full value to our GOLD+ members during this time and therefore your membership rate will be reduced to the basic rate until we resume full operations.
How will Ice Rentals work?
- Ice Rentals at Rec-Plex South will resume June 15 with social distancing guidelines.
- Players on the ice will be limited to what the organization/renter feels they can handle in order to meet social distancing requirements and/or abide by their governing bodies (USA Hockey, USFS, ISI, etc.)
- We will not offer concession sales or seating in the concession area.
- Visitors will be routed through our facility in order to enhance social distancing efforts.
- Seating areas will be reduced and marked for social distancing.
- Locker rooms will have a maximum occupancy and seating plan for social distancing.
- Rental times will be spaced 30 minutes apart between each group to limit the chance of crossing paths in the lobby.
- Our staff will provide more details to each rental group about all of the safety measures we have in place for Ice Rentals.
These photos show some of our social distancing measures at Rec-Plex South:
What about the indoor pools?
- The indoor pools and aquatic programs will remain unavailable until the completion of a major renovation project. We previously planned a Natatorium renovation project, so the pools would not have been available even if the Rec-Plex were open.
- We expect the indoor pools to be available in September. We will provide more details closer to that date.
Be aware of an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19
* An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and members with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the St. Peters Rec-Plex, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We hope the information here answers all of your questions, but if you
want to learn more, our staff is here to help! Call 636-939-2386, ext.