See Main Stage Act Sawyer Brown on Friday; Head East on Saturday
Enjoy live entertainment, carnival games and rides, a wide variety of food and more when Celebrate St. Peters 2019 kicks off tonight, Friday, Sept. 20, at 370 Lakeside Park, and continues on Saturday, Sept. 21. Bring the whole family—admission is FREE!
Event organizers have packed plenty of fun into the City of St. Peters’ 10th annual festival. On Friday night, country music band Sawyer Brown, which has had three No. 1 hits, will perform on the Main Stage, presented by Mid Rivers Newsmagazine, The Viper 100.7 and KFAV 99.9. Opening acts will be Alyssa Lynn Little and the Plastic Kings (featuring former members of the band Contagious). Main Stage entertainment begins at 7 p.m.
Head East will headline the Main Stage on Saturday night, presented by KSHE 95. The show begins at 7 p.m. with Journey tribute band SFO. Head East, with original band members joining the current lineup, will perform its entire classic 1975 album, “Flat As A Pancake.”
Fireworks will be shot over the lake before Head East takes the stage.
In case of poor weather this weekend, event organizers may alter entertainment schedules at Celebrate St. Peters or issue cancellations. Check the latest news at www.stpetersmo.net, sign up for Nixle notifications at www.stpetersmo.net/subscribe or follow us on Twitter @StPetersMO.
Celebrate St. Peters 2019 will offer a carnival with rides and games, plus nearly 40 vendor booths with food, crafts, merchandise, games and more, from 4-10:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20, and 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 21.
Other entertainment at the festival includes:
• Acoustic music Saturday at the Celebrate Stage. Pete Sigmund will entertain at noon and Wade Trent will follow at 2:30 p.m. The Celebrate Stage, which is open free to visitors, has moved to a new location this year near the Vendor Area.
• FREE kids’ activities Saturday at the Community News Family Area, which is located in the Corporate Pavilion this year. The Home Depot Kids Workshop will offer fun projects from 11 a.m. -2 p.m. Family entertainer Babaloo will perform at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. And, Academy Sports + Outdoors will offer free yard games.
• Families also can enjoy game booths run by local organizations on both Friday and Saturday.
All Celebrate St. Peters events take place along the lake at 370 Lakeside Park, located at 1000 Lakeside Park Drive. Here are some additional reminders and tips for Celebrate 2019:
• DO: Make a plan for parking! Reserved Parking Passes are on sale through the end of the business day today, Friday, Sept. 20, at City Hall and the Rec-Plex. These passes will not be sold at the event. Reserved Parking Passes guarantee a spot inside the park close to all of the festivities. There is also free satellite parking available in two locations at Mid Rivers Mall. Free parking is also available in the general parking area, outside Lakeside 370 Park, and free shuttles will be available for all parking areas throughout the festival.
• DO: Plan ahead and leave early for the park. There is no general parking inside 370 Lakeside Park this year, so please consider free satellite parking at Mid Rivers Mall and ride shuttles to Celebrate St. Peters.
• DON’T: Bring any pets, glass beverage containers, alcoholic beverages or coolers into 370 Lakeside Park during Celebrate St. Peters.
• DO: Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on during the concerts and cash for concessions and game tickets. Soft drinks, water and food are allowed, but not in coolers. If you forget cash, an ATM will be available on site. Some vendors will accept credit/debit cards.
For more information and any updates on parking, access to 370 Lakeside Park, maps, a list of vendors, a full event schedule and more, visit www.stpetersmo.net/celebrate.