St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre has a full schedule of fun bus tours planned for 2019, starting in February and occurring monthly for the rest of the year! Take a local tour of St. Louis to view architectural and historical treasures, eat delicious food and visit museums, or take a day trip to explore historic Route 66 in Illinois, Hermann, Cahokia or Warm Springs Ranch in central Missouri—home of the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales.
On Feb. 27, the first tour of 2019, Stained Glass and Steeples
, will trace the evolution of stained glass and mosaics in local St. Louis churches such as St. John Nepomuk, St. Francis de Sales, St. Francis Xavier, St. Mark’s Episcopal, Hope UCC and St. Gabriel's. Lunch will be at the favorite St. Raymond's Maronite Church. Lunch will be at the favorite St. Raymond's Maronite Church.
The bus departs from the west parking lot of St. Peters City Hall, One St. Peters Centre Blvd., at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, and returns at approximately 4 p.m. This tour involves quite a bit of walking, but mostly at your leisure, and the cost is $81, which includes lunch, transportation and all other fees.
Here are the rest of the 2019 bus tours:
- St. Louis Treasures, March 21: $99
- Commemorating Historic Jefferson Barracks, April 11: $91
- Warm Springs Clydesdale Ranch & Les Bourgeois Winery, May 14: $109
- IL Route 66 & the Carlinville Sears Houses, June 19: $87
- St. Louis Nibble & Nosh, July 12: $56
- The Kosher Konnection, Aug. 15: $78
- Historic Cahokia & Cahokia Mounds, Sept. 18: $87
- Angels & Demons, Oct. 22: $84
- St. Louis Architectural Treasures, Nov. 14: $99
- Hermann German Holiday, Dec. 13: $89
All tours include transportation, lunch, donations, gratuities and admissions unless otherwise noted. CLICK HERE for more information on this and future trips, or call 636-397-6903, ext. 1624. To register, visit www.stpetersmo.net/Rec-Connect or call 636-939-2386, ext. 1400.