See Main Stage Acts Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan on Friday; Night Ranger on Saturday
Enjoy live entertainment, carnival games and rides, a wide variety of fair food and more when Celebrate St. Peters 2018 kicks off tonight, Friday, Sept. 14, at 370 Lakeside Park, and continues on Saturday, Sept. 15. Bring the whole family—admission is FREE!
Event organizers have a lot of fun planned Friday and Saturday at the City of St. Peters’ 8th annual festival. On Friday night, The Grits and Glamour Tour featuring the country duo of Pam Tillis and Lorrie Morgan will perform on the Main Stage, presented by Mid Rivers Newsmagazine and New Country 92.3. Opening act Jesse Keith Whitley will start the show at 7 p.m.
Night Ranger will take the Main Stage on Saturday night, presented by KSHE 95, beginning at 7 p.m. with opening act Contagious. Fireworks will be shot over the lake before Night Ranger takes the stage.In the case of poor weather this weekend, event organizers may alter entertainment schedules at Celebrate St. Peters or issue cancellations. Check the latest news at www.stpetersmo.net, sign up for Nixle email or text notifications at www.stpetersmo.net/subscribe or follow us on Twitter @StPetersMO.
Celebrate St. Peters 2018 will offer a carnival with fun rides and games, plus nearly 40 vendor booths with food, crafts, merchandise, games and more, from 5-10:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 14, and 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 15.
Additional entertainment this weekend includes:
- Butch Wax and the Hollywoods with Theo Peoples and Billy Peek will perform a free show from 2:30-5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 15, on the Celebrate Stage under the Corporate Pavilion along the lake.
- The Community News Family Area will offer additional family entertainment, including game booths run by local organizations on Friday and Saturday, and The Home Depot will offer a free Kids Workshop from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
- Chef Bananas will also perform a free show on the Family Stage at noon, followed by three shows by Abra-Kid-Abra at 1 p.m. (Wordle Game Show), 2 p.m. (Circus Show) and 3 p.m. (Great Escape Show) on Saturday, Sept. 15.
All Celebrate St. Peters events take place along the lake at 370 Lakeside Park, located at 1000 Lakeside Park Drive. Here are some additional reminders and tips for Celebrate 2018:
- DO: Make a plan for parking! Reserved Parking Passes are on sale while supplies last through the end of the business day today, Friday, Sept. 14, at City Hall and the Rec-Plex. These passes will not be sold at the event. Reserved Parking Passes guarantee a convenient spot inside the park close to all of the festivities. There is also free satellite parking available in two locations at Mid Rivers Mall. Free parking is also available in the general parking area and free shuttles will be available for all parking areas throughout the festival.
- DO: Plan ahead for best routes to the park. Due to road construction on Truman Boulevard north of the Cave Springs/I-70 interchange, attendees who are traveling on I-70 are encouraged to take exit 224 for Highway 370 to Lakeside Parkway. For non-highway access, take Mid Rivers Mall Drive or Spencer Road to the Salt River Road and head east towards 370 Lakeside Park.
- DON’T: Bring any pets, glass beverage containers, alcoholic beverages or coolers into 370 Lakeside Park during Celebrate St. Peters.
- DO: Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on during the concerts and cash for concessions and game tickets. Soft drinks, water and food are allowed, but not in coolers. If you forget cash, an ATM will be available on site.
For more information and any updates on parking, access to 370 Lakeside Park, maps, a list of vendors, a full event schedule and more, visit www.stpetersmo.net/celebrate.