Additional Links

Qualifying St. Peters Residents May Apply for Utility Franchise Tax Refund between April 2 and May 31

March 29, 2018

City of St. Peters residents who are 62 years and older or those considered totally disabled by Social Security may be eligible to apply for a refund of their 2017 St. Peters utility franchise tax. This is the amount listed on your 2017 electric and gas bills as "St. Peters tax" and on the cable bills as "franchise fees."


To be eligible, your maximum 2017 adjusted gross income excluding any taxable Social Security income must not exceed $41,750 if single or $47,700 if married.


If you meet these criteria, stop by the Citizen Action Center at City Hall during regular business hours between April 2 and May 31, 2018, and bring along the following items:

  • proof of 2017 income
  • proof of age
  • 2017 letter of award from Social Security (if disabled)
  • 2017 electric, gas and cable bills


You are eligible for a refund for the months when you were at least 62 years old or considered totally disabled.


For more information, call 636-477-6600, ext. 1225.