See Main Stage Acts Pablo Cruise and Ambrosia on Friday; Firefall and Orleans on Saturday
Enjoy live entertainment, carnival games and rides, a wide variety of fair food and more when Celebrate St. Peters 2017 kicks off tonight, Friday, Sept. 15, 2017, at 370 Lakeside Park, and continues on Saturday, Sept. 16. Bring the whole family—admission is FREE!
Event organizers have a lot of fun planned Friday and Saturday at the City of St. Peters’ 7th annual party at the lake. On Friday night, classic rock groups Pablo Cruise and Ambrosia will perform on the Main Stage beginning at 6:30 p.m. with opening act Blue Plus with the Sliders. Friday’s Main Stage entertainment is presented by Mid Rivers Newsmagazine and 106.5 The Arch.
The Main Stage entertainment on Saturday, presented by KSHE 95, will begin at 6:30 p.m. with Firefall and Orleans. Fireworks will be shot over the lake in between the two acts.
In the case of poor weather this weekend, event organizers may alter entertainment schedules at Celebrate St. Peters or issue cancellations. Check the latest news at www.stpetersmo.net, sign up for Nixle email or text notifications at www.stpetersmo.net/subscribe or follow us on Twitter @StPetersMO.
Celebrate St. Peters 2017 will offer a carnival with fun rides and games, plus 50 vendor booths with food, crafts, merchandise, games and more, from 5-10:30 p.m. on Friday and 11 a.m.-10:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Additional entertainment this weekend includes:
- Butch Wax and the Hollywoods with Theo Peoples will perform from 2:30-5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16, on the Celebrate Stage at the Corporate Pavilion along the lake.
- NEW this year: BJC St. Charles County Fun at the Fair Stage, sponsored by Barnes-Jewish St. Peters and Progress West Hospitals, will entertain with a wide range of interactive activities focused on health and wellness from 5-7 p.m. Friday and from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday.
- Abra-Kid-Abra will also perform free shows on the Fun at the Fair Stage at noon (Dr. Seuss show), 2 p.m. (Circus show) and 4 p.m. (Magic show) on Saturday, Sept. 16.
- The Community News Family Area will offer additional family entertainment, including game booths run by local organizations on Friday and Saturday, and the Home Depot Kids Workshop from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday.
All Celebrate St. Peters events take place along the lake at 370 Lakeside Park, located at 1000 Lakeside Park Drive. Here are some additional reminders and tips for Celebrate 2017:
- DO: Make a plan for parking! Reserved Parking Passes are on sale through the end of the business day today, Friday, Sept. 15, at City Hall and the Rec-Plex. These passes will not be sold at the event. Reserved Parking Passes guarantee a convenient spot inside the park close to all of the festivities. Also NEW this year is free satellite parking in two locations at Mid Rivers Mall. Free parking is also available in the general parking area and free shuttles will be available for all parking areas throughout the festival.
- DO: Plan ahead for best routes to the park. Due to road construction on Truman Boulevard north of the Cave Springs/I-70 interchange, attendees who are traveling on I-70 are encouraged to take exit 224 for Highway 370 to Lakeside Parkway. For non-highway access, take Mid Rivers Mall Drive or Spencer Road to the Salt River Road and head east towards 370 Lakeside Park.
- DON’T: Bring any pets, glass beverage containers, alcoholic beverages or coolers into 370 Lakeside Park during Celebrate St. Peters.
- DO: Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on during the concerts and cash for concessions and game tickets. Soft drinks, water and food are allowed, but not in coolers. If you forget cash, an ATM will be available on site.
For more information and any updates on parking, access to 370 Lakeside Park, maps, a list of vendors, a full event schedule and more, visit www.stpetersmo.net/celebrate.