A FREE speaker series starting this month at the St. Peters Rec-Plex will offer older adults important advice on how to live a healthier life. Get information from experts on how to combat disease, live a more active lifestyle, plan your finances and more during the SilverSneakers® Speaker Series that runs from September 2017 through March 2018.
These speaker series events are geared toward Healthways SilverSneakers® Fitness members but are open to anyone interested.
Each of the following SilverSneakers® Speaker Series events will take place from 10:30-11:15 a.m. on Wednesdays in the Rec-Plex Finish Line café:
- Sept. 20, 2017: How Much Sugar Is in this Sports Drink (BJC HealthCare)
- Oct. 18, 2017: Diabetes Reminders (BJC HealthCare)
- Nov. 1, 2017: Understanding Your Credit/Improving Credit (Andrew Hall, CPA)
- Nov. 8, 2017: Advanced Planning (Baue Funeral Homes)
- Nov. 15, 2017: Saturated Fat Reminders (BJC HealthCare)
- Nov. 22, 2017: Combating Muscle and Bone Loss as You Age (Dr. Ben Hendrix, DC, chiropractor and Rec-Plex personal trainer)
- Nov. 29, 2017: Osteoporosis Awareness - Bone Density Scan
- Dec. 6, 2017: Taxes & the IRS (Andrew Hall, CPA)
- Dec. 13, 2017: Cremation Seminar (Baue Funeral Homes)
- Dec. 20, 2017: Remember to Exercise for Holiday Stress Reduction (BJC HealthCare)
- Dec. 27, 2017: Truths and Myths to Lower Back Pain (William Bunge, DC)
- Jan. 3, 2018: Financial Protection from a Security Breach (Andrew Hall, CPA)
- Jan. 10, 2018: Veterans Benefits (Baue Funeral Homes)
- Jan. 17, 2018: How to Keep Your Bones Strong (BJC HealthCare)
- Jan. 24, 2018: Fitness, Nutrition and Much More (Dr. Ben Hendrix, DC)
- Jan. 31, 2018: Bone, Strength, Balance - Vibe Plate Session
- Feb. 7, 2018: Estate Planning (Andrew Hall, CPA)
- Feb. 14, 2018: Advanced Planning (Baue Funeral Homes)
- Feb. 21, 2018: Keeping Your Heart Healthy (BJC HealthCare)
- Feb. 28, 2018: Movement as Medicine (William Bunge, DC)
- March 7, 2018: Social Security Planning (Andrew Hall, CPA)
- March 14, 2018: Cremation Seminar (Baue Funeral Homes)
- March 21, 2018: "Spring" into Exercise Fun (BJC HealthCare)
- March 28, 2018: Ways to Switch Up Your Fitness Routine (Dr. Ben Hendrix, DC)
SilverSneakers members are asked to bring a SilverSneakers card and sign in at the event. Learn more about the SilverSneakers Speaker Series at www.stpetersmo.net/Rec-Plex.
The St. Peters Rec-Plex is a participating location for the Healthways SilverSneakers Fitness program. The Healthways SilverSneakers Fitness program is offered by leading Medicare health plans and Medicare Supplement carriers throughout the country. Go online to www.silversneakers.com to check to see if your health plan offers SilverSneakers and how you can start using the fitness program.
SilverSneakers is a registered trademark of Healthways, Inc.