Report Animal Concerns

Animal Control Vehicle

St. Peters Animal Control receives and responds to a variety of concerns every day. The five most frequently reported concerns are listed below along with more detailed information for pet owners and people who consider reporting a concern. 

For animal concerns, especially related to human or animal safety, please report online through our concern system.

  1. Animal Control

    Physical Address
    1 St. Peters Centre Boulevard
    St. Peters, MO 63376

    Phone: 636-477-6600 x1463
    Fax: 636-477-9077

    Officers on Duty*:

    Monday through Friday
    7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

    8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

    *Please note that City Hall is only open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Officers available outside of these times should be called at x1463

    For After-Hours Emergencies:

    Call Police Dispatch at 636-278-2222.

Tips for Placing an Animal Control Concern

To assist the Animal Control Officer with addressing your concern as quickly as possible, it is important to include specific information such as the dates, times, detailed description of animals involved, detailed summary of the issue in question, etc. Concerns that are detailed and reported immediately, help lead to a quicker resolution. A concern may be submitted anonymously, however, an Animal Control Officer will be unable to update you or contact you for additional information if needed. This may impact the officer’s ability to resolve your concern.

In some cases resolution of the animal control concern requires a court proceeding and, therefore, requires proper, admissible evidence. The Animal Control Officer handling the concern will take appropriate action to obtain this evidence, however, often the person placing the concern is in the best position to obtain this evidence. Particularly if the issue is taking place outside of normal Animal Control working hours. Proper, admissible evidence includes dated photos, dated videos and written statements. In some cases, you may be required to appear in court to support the evidence you provided.

PRIVACY NOTE: Information the City receives via email or online forms is considered public records and subject to release upon public information requests per Chapter 610 of the Revised Statutes of Missouri, Missouri’s Sunshine Law. If you would like to submit a concern or complaint, any information submitted, including names, phone numbers, addresses, etc., may not be protected from disclosure if requested through a Public Information request.

Most Frequently Reported Animal Concerns:

Information for Pet Owners:

No person shall own, keep or harbor any dog that they permit to annoy neighbors or other persons living within the immediate vicinity of the City of St. Peters by frequent or habitual barking, howling or yelping for a period of more than twenty (20) continuous minutes between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. or for a period of more than ten (10) continuous minutes between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. "Continuous" is defined as uninterrupted, unbroken, or so persistently repeated at short intervals as to constitute a virtually unbroken series. "Continuous" shall not mean intermittent or occasional.

During initial contact, an officer will make contact with the pet owner and provide information regarding the ordinance and steps they can take to prevent nuisance barking.

After a second complaint, Animal Control Officers will regularly patrol the area in an attempt to witness barking. If Animal Control or the complainant documents nuisance barking, a summons may be issued.

Tips for Placing a Barking Concern:

To assist the Animal Control Officer with addressing your barking concern as quickly as possible, it is important to include as much specific information as possible. A concern stating that “the dog barks non-stop, all day every day” will be very difficult for Animal Control to resolve. When placing a barking concern, please include the following information:

  • Location of the animal
  • The most common days and times that barking can be heard
  • Number and description of the dog(s) barking
  • Approximately how long the barking lasts
  • Approximately how long the barking has been occurring
  • If possible, provide recordings of the barking incidents with a date shown

Example of a detailed barking concern: 

“The brown dog barks from about 3-3:45, Monday through Friday. I think the kids let it out when they get home from school. It also barks between 6:45 and 7 a.m., which is about the same time that the school bus comes down our street. In the morning, two neighbor dogs join in barking at the school bus.”


No-Bark collars are available to residents at no charge for two weeks, with a valid resident privilege card.