- Business & Development
- Apply for Licenses & Permits
Apply for Licenses & Permits
Business Licensing, Permitting, Planning, Zoning, & Development
- Business Licenses: St. Peters businesses are now able to apply for licenses and view their accounts from a computer or mobile device through CitizenServe. Learn more about when you need a business license, what information you'll need, and how to apply.
- Permits: A permit is required for projects such as new construction, additions, remodels, and repairs to electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems. Start with our CitizenServe portal, where you can apply for a permit, learn about the permit process, and schedule inspections, all from your home, office, or mobile device. This is where you will apply for occupancy inspections for commercial properties or rental properties. Learn more about when you need a permit, what information you'll need, and how to apply.
- Planning, Zoning, and Development: CitizenServe also helps developers during their construction projects. It's the latest service we provide as part of the City of St. Peters' FasTrac process to expedite your project. Our staff will help guide you through the development process; meanwhile, CitizenServe gives you the ability to apply online as well as view your project's review status and Planning and Zoning Commission status at your convenience. Learn more about when you need to apply for planning, zoning, or development projects, what information you'll need, and how to apply.
Home-Based Businesses: If you want to begin a home-based business, you will need to apply online for both a Home Occupation through the Planning and Zoning portion of the CitizenServe portal as well as for a General Business License through the Licensing portion of the portal. Learn more about home-based businesses.
Important Information Regarding CitizenServe User Logins
- CitizenServe is an online service used by various government organizations. The user accounts for different jurisdictions using CitizenServe are not interconnected. Therefore, if you have an account with a different jurisdiction, that does not mean you have an active account on the City of St. Peters site.
- If you have applied for a license or permit with the City of St. Peters in the past, it is possible that your email address is already attached to a user account in CitizenServe. Please try and register as a new user first. If you are unable to do so, please call 636-477-6600, ext. 1670, to reset your username. After your username has been reset, you will need to reset your password using the forgot your password link.