Resident Privilege Card
Aside from providing our residents with top-notch City services, the City of St. Peters provides our residents with a number of resident-only privileges. It's our way of adding a little more to your quality of life and building that "My Hometown" pride in St. Peters. In order to get your St. Peters advantages, make sure you get your Resident Privilege Card. St. Peters residents can get their I.D. photo card free at either St. Peters City Hall, the St. Peters Rec-Plex, or St. Peters' Recycle City facility on Ecology Drive.
Resident Privilege Card
Resident Privilege Cards are for residents only and not commercial businesses. Resident Privilege Cards must be shown to receive the following advantages:
- Free use of the City's St. Peters Earth Centre facility for yard waste disposal up to 10 cubic yards (approximately 5 pickup truck loads) per calendar year per St. Peters address.
- Low resident rates for gold grow compost and mulch - available at St. Peters Earth Centre.
- Reduced minimum disposal fee for trash disposal at Recycle City.
- Free document shredding at St. Peters "Shred It and Forget It" events.
- Free trees or seedlings at Arbor Day Tree Giveaway events
- Reduced rates when reserving City facilities such as athletic fields, picnic pavilions, and wedding gazebos.
- Reduced rates on Rec-Plex memberships and Rec-Plex daily admission.
- Free fishing and boat launch at 370 Lakeside Park.
- Discounts on archery at 370 Lakeside Park.
- Reduced rates for annual outdoor pool passes and daily admission rates.
- Discounts on many City-sponsored recreation programs and classes. Check the Rec-Connect Catalog for the latest information.
- Discounts on regular green fees and cart rentals at St. Peters Golf Club, plus merchandise discounts at the Pro Shop (cannot be combined with any other offer).
- Savings on some classes and programs offered at the Cultural Arts Centre.
- Tires filled with nitrogen for free (improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions).
- Free rental of wildlife cage traps and no-bark collars.
- Free Notary services at City Hall.
- Through a Parks Agreement between the cities of St. Peters and St. Charles, St. Peters residents can now receive:
- St. Charles resident rates on the season-long pool pass.
- An opportunity to purchase St. Charles resident-only 10-Visit Swim Pass
Here are some other benefits of living in St. Peters that you enjoy at no extra cost, with no Resident Privilege Card required:
- Blue Bag Recycling when you join the Blue Cart Crew
- Bulky Item Collection twice per year for each subdivision
- Online Services to access information and submit requests online
- Weekly yard waste collection from March to mid-January (included in your low solid waste fees)
- Utility Tax Refunds for eligible seniors or residents with qualifying disabilities
- A Citizen Action Center at St. Peters City Hall
- 24-Hour Service Line at 636-278-2244 or 636-477-6600
Resident Privilege Cards are computer-generated picture cards, free to St. Peters residents, that serve as identification for many reduced residential rates or special Resident Only privileges. Without this card, residents are charged non-resident rates. Please note, these benefits serve as a privilege to our residents only. Commercial businesses do not qualify for this perk.
St. Peters Resident Privilege Cards are valid three years from the date of issuance and are available to each resident 2 years of age and older, residing within the corporate limits of the City.
To get your Resident Privilege Card, bring a picture ID and proof of residency to the Citizen Action Center at City Hall, the St. Peters Rec-Plex, or St. Peters Recycle City during the hours listed. Your picture will be taken and a card will be issued while you wait. You can download a Resident Privilege Card Application (PDF) to fill out ahead of time and bring with you when you come in for your Resident Privilege Card. Resident Privilege Cards may be obtained during these times:
|Days of the Week||City Hall||Rec-Plex||Recycle City|
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5 pm
9 am to 7 pm
|8 am to 4:30 pm|
9 am to 3 pm
Sunday and City Holidays
Proof of Residency
We ask that you provide proof that you live in St. Peters before we issue you a Resident Privilege Card. City staff might be able to verify your place of residence through computer records; however, if you recently purchased your home, or if you lease or rent in St. Peters, you will need to provide proof of residency. The most common item used is a current utility bill. Another option is to bring an official piece of mail with your address that has a printed date less than 30 days old. If your photo ID does not have your current address on it, please bring a second item showing your St. Peters address.
St. Peters Resident Privilege Cards are valid for three years from the date they were issued. There is no charge to renew a Resident Privilege Card after three years, but we will verify residency and take a new photo in order to renew. Cards may be renewed within 30 days of expiration. See locations and hours for Resident Privilege Cards above.
There is a charge of $3 to replace a lost Resident Privilege Card.
Rec-Connect Online Registration
When you receive your Resident Privilege Card, you'll also receive everything you need to log into the City of St. Peters' Rec-Connect Online Registration Service. The Rec-Connect service allows you to register online for many St. Peters programs as well as check the availability of City of St. Peters rental facilities. Log-in requires an ID and PIN number. Your Resident Privilege Card number will be your Rec-Connect log-in ID. Our staff also will provide you with a PIN number.
For more information, call the Parks and Recreation Office at 636-477-6600, ext. 1400.
Military Personnel Get a Discount at the Rec-Plex with Military Privilege Card
The St. Peters Rec-Plex extends discounted rates to military personnel who are on active duty, discharged, or retired. A Military Privilege Card can be obtained by presenting a DD-214 and a valid photo ID at the Rec-Plex or the City Hall front desk during normal business hours. The card will provide discounted admission to the cardholder only. The Military Privilege Card must be presented to the Rec-Plex front desk upon admission to receive the reduced rate.