Facts & Figures
St. Peters Facts
- St. Peters, Missouri, population of 57,732 (2020 U.S. Census Bureau estimate), is a growing community situated perfectly in one of the state's fastest-growing counties, St. Charles County, just northwest of St. Louis County. St. Peters is less than 30 miles from downtown St. Louis City. View a map of St. Peters.
- Money Magazine named St. Peters to its Best Places to Live in America list in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2017 and 2020 (Number 13 overall and the Number 1 Place in Missouri).
- St. Peters' retail service area encompasses an estimated 30-mile radius with a population of approximately 350,000 in the 10-mile radius immediately surrounding the City.
- St. Peters' median income is $74,000, and the median home price is $168,100, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The City's economy continues to diversify with modern housing, numerous commercial enterprises, several shopping centers, support services, and some industries. Job growth increased by 4.57% from 2000 to 2009, according to Money Magazine.
- More than 2,300 businesses are licensed in St. Peters.
- Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters is the largest mall in St. Charles County, with more than 160 shops plus dining and a 14-screen theater.
- St. Peters is home to the world-class St. Peters Rec-Plex recreation and fitness complex. The 236,000 square-foot facility includes 3 ice rinks, 2 gymnasiums, a multipurpose-gym, a natatorium with competition lanes, diving towers and a leisure pool with slide, plenty of recreation classes, and more.
- Our community has 25 parks with 1,227.9 acres of parkland and a system of over 27 miles of paved trails for pedestrians and cyclists.
- St. Peters' Cultural Arts Centre attracts more than 60,000 visitors annually and hosts dozens of art shows and events each year.
- St. Peters Golf Club offers an affordable, well-maintained 18-hole course for the community.
- The 500-acre 370 Lakeside Park is the largest municipal park in St. Charles County. The park, centered around a 140-acre recreational lake, offers boating, fishing, camping (including a popular RV Park), archery and more, plus hosts our community's Sunset Fridays concert series.
Top 10 Largest St. Peters Employers as of September 2020
|Employer||Number of Employees|
|Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital||1,070|
|Fort Zumwalt School District R-II (7 Schools in St. Peters)||709|
|Walmart Stores, Inc. (3 Stores)||699|
|City of St. Peters||604|
|Boone Center Incorporated||374|
|Francis Howell School District R-III (2 Schools)||347|
Source: City of St. Peters Business License Office Data, September 2020