St. Peters Volunteer Program
The City of St. Peters has an active and successful Volunteer Program full of people helping our community. Volunteers are busy making St. Peters a better place to live. In return, they meet new people, gain new experiences, and learn more about their community. Our volunteers share their time, skills and talents for the City of St. Peters, and we truly appreciate their service.
A wide range of people volunteer for the City--youth, seniors, families, businesses, and organizations such as churches and Scouts take part in the program. Many volunteers gain practical, useful work experience and new skills through the program.
The St. Peters Volunteer Office screens, places, develops and coordinates our volunteers, matching them with positions that meet their interests. We have plenty of volunteer opportunities, from assisting with special events to providing clerical support to helping people enjoy the cultural and recreational riches of our community. Volunteer positions are available during the week and on weekends, from one day a week to special one-day events. We work with volunteers to find positions that fit their schedules.
DOWNLOAD OUR VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK TO LEARN MORE.
BACK TO THE TOP
The City of St. Peters has plenty of volunteer opportunities, from assisting with special events to providing ongoing support to City departments. We will periodically update volunteer opportunities here. Please contact us for more information about volunteering for the City of St. Peters.
- Missouri State High School Boys' Swimming and Diving Championships, Nov. 15 & 16, 2013, St. Peters Rec-Plex. Do you want to be part of the action at the state championships? We need 60 volunteers to act as back-up timers for the swimming lanes.
- Veterans Day Ceremony, Nov. 11. We're looking for two volunteers to help hand out programs and assist with refreshments during this important ceremony to honor the service of the veterans of our military. The event will take place at the St. Peters City Centre Veterans Memorial in front of City Hall at 10 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 11.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony, Nov. 22. Be part of this festive annual community event that kicks off the holiday season! The event takes place 6:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 22, at St. Peters City Hall. You can help hand out programs, assist with getting our performers on and off stage, or help Santa Claus meet with chlidren.
- Pearl Harbor Day Ceremony, Dec. 7. Can you help us during this special remembrance ceremony to honor the men and women who lost their lives in the Dec. 7, 1941, Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii? We need two volunteers to hand out programs. The event will take place at 10 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 7, at the St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre at City Hall.
- Santa at Old Town Log Cabin, Dec. 7. We're looking for volunteers to help Santa during this free family event at the Old Town Log Cabin on Gatty Drive across from Old Town Park. Volunteers will assist with the line to Santa and hand out candy canes between 12:30-3:30 p.m.
- Earth Centre Trash Pickup. The Earth Centre is looking for assistance with debris pickup around the building.
- Cultural Arts Centre positions:
- Cultural Arts events -- theatre, music, demonstrations, workshops, tours and dances
- Art receiving/art hanging/art receptions
- St. Peters/Central County Community Emergency Response Team (CERT). Volunteers will be trained to assist emergency personnel in areas such as light search & rescue, CPR, and disaster relief and preparedness operations. Visit their website to learn more.
- Adopt-A-Road - Individuals, families, and/or volunteer groups needed to adopt a roadside and pick up litter.
- Adopt-A-Stream - Individuals, families, businesses and civic groups can adopt a section of a stream. You will periodically clean your adopted stream in order to preserve and improve water quality and the appearance of the City.
- Adopt-A-Trail - Individuals, families, businesses and civic groups needed to adopt a portion of a St. Peters hiking/biking trail and pick up litter.
- Clerical and Reception - Throughout the year, City of St. Peters departments seek volunteers to assist with clerical and reception positions.
- Parks - The Parks Department regularly seeks help with minor grounds maintenance and park cleanup projects.
Read full descriptions of St. Peters' volunteer positions.
Contact us today
if you're interested in any of our volunteer opportunities!
BACK TO THE TOP
How to Sign Up
If you're interested in volunteering for the City of St. Peters, you can contact us and learn more about how you can help. We work with you to find a volunteer position that fits your interests and your schedule. You can:
BACK TO THE TOP