St. Peters Facts & Figures
St. Peters Facts
- St. Peters, Missouri, population of 52,575 (2010 U.S. Census), is a growing community situated perfectly in one of the state's fastest-growing counties, St. Charles County, just northwest of St. Louis County. St. Peters is less than 30 miles from downtown St. Louis City. GET MAP.
- Money Magazine named St. Peters to the Top 100 list of Best Places to Live in the nation in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
- St. Peters' retail service area encompasses an estimated 30-mile radius
with a population of approximately 350,000 in the 10-mile radius
immediately surrounding the City.
- St. Peters' median income is nearly $85,000, and the median home price is $138,950, according to statistics from Money Magazine,
- The City’s economy continues to diversify with modern housing, numerous commercial enterprises, several shopping centers, support services, and some industries. Job growth increased by 4.57% from 2000-2009, according to Money Magazine.
- More than 2,500 businesses are licensed in St. Peters. Newer retail businesses to the area include: Dick's Sporting Goods, Brunswick Zone, Costco, h.h. gregg, Marshall’s, HomeGoods, Petco, Sports Authority and Hobby Lobby. SEE PHOTO GALLERY.
- Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters is the largest mall in St. Charles County, with more than 160 shops plus dining and a 14-screen theater.
- You can search for a St. Peters business online by keyword or category.
- St. Peters is home to the world-class St. Peters Rec-Plex recreation and fitness complex. The 236,000 square-foot facility includes 3 ice rinks, 2 gymnasiums, a multipurpose-gym, a natatorium with competition lanes, diving towers and a leisure pool with slide, plenty of recreation classes, and more.
- Our community has 25 parks with 1,283 acres of parkland and a system of 20 miles of paved trails for pedestrians and cyclists.
- St. Peters' Arts Center attracts more than 60,000 visitors annually and hosts dozens of art shows and events each year.
BACK TO THE TOP
Largest St. Peters Employers*
Sept. 30, 2009
Employer, No. of Employees
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 685
Fort Zumwalt School District R-II, 636
City of St. Peters, 522
Dierbergs (2 locations), 353
Francis Howell School District R-III, 347
Schnucks (2 locations), 256
Reckitt & Benckiser Inc., 216
United Services Inc., 123
*NOTE: Labor force statistics are unofficial estimates from the Missouri Economic Research and Information Center.
Source: Survey of employers, based on full-time employment, Sept. 30, 2009
TO THE TOP