St. Peters Facts & Figures
St. Peters Facts
- St. Peters, Missouri, population of 56,076 (2014 U.S. Census Bureau estimate), is a growing community situated perfectly in one of the state's fastest-growing counties, St. Charles County, just northwest of St. Louis County. St. Peters is less than 30 miles from downtown St. Louis City. GET MAP.
- Money Magazine named St. Peters to the Top 100 list of Best Places to Live in the nation in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
- St. Peters' retail service area encompasses an estimated 30-mile radius
with a population of approximately 350,000 in the 10-mile radius
immediately surrounding the City.
- St. Peters' median income is nearly $70,000, and the median home price is $168,700, according to statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- The City’s economy continues to diversify with modern housing, numerous commercial enterprises, several shopping centers, support services, and some industries. Job growth increased by 4.57% from 2000-2009, according to Money Magazine.
- More than 2,500 businesses are licensed in St. Peters. Newer retail businesses to the area include: Dick's Sporting Goods, Brunswick Zone, Costco, h.h. gregg, Marshall’s, HomeGoods, Petco, Sports Authority and Hobby Lobby. SEE PHOTO GALLERY.
- Mid Rivers Mall in St. Peters is the largest mall in St. Charles County, with more than 160 shops plus dining and a 14-screen theater.
- You can search for a St. Peters business online by keyword or category.
- St. Peters is home to the world-class St. Peters Rec-Plex recreation and fitness complex. The 236,000 square-foot facility includes 3 ice rinks, 2 gymnasiums, a multipurpose-gym, a natatorium with competition lanes, diving towers and a leisure pool with slide, plenty of recreation classes, and more.
- Our community has 25 parks with 1,283 acres of parkland and a system of 20 miles of paved trails for pedestrians and cyclists.
- St. Peters' Arts Center attracts more than 60,000 visitors annually and hosts dozens of art shows and events each year.
- Our St. Peters Golf Course offers an affordable, well-maintained 18-hole course for the community.
- The 300-acre 370 Lakeside Park is the largest municipal park in St. Charles County. The park, centered around a 140-acre recreational lake, offers boating, fishing, camping (including an RV Park), archery and more, plus hosts our community's annual Celebrate St. Peters event.
BACK TO THE TOP
Largest St. Peters Employers*
Employer, No. of Employees
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, 970
Fort Zumwalt School District R-II (7 schools in St. Peters), 709
City of St. Peters, 522
Dierbergs (2 locations), 353
Walmart Supercenter, 351
Francis Howell School District R-III (2 schools), 347
Schnuck Markets Inc. (2 locations), 256
Boone Center Incorporated, 210
RB Manufacturing LLC (formerly Reckitt & Benckiser Inc.), 200
JC Penney Inc., 196
Macy's Retail Holdings Inc., 189
St. Charles County Ambulance District, 180
Dillards Department Store, 168
MERS Missouri Goodwill Industries, 160
United Services Inc., 160
*Source: City of St. Peters business license data, January 2015 (both full-time and part-time positions)
TO THE TOP