Rec-Plex Fitness Fest / January 2013 Promotion
Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
New Rec-Plex annual members who sign up in January 2013 choose either a FREE Multi-Function Pedometer/Heart Rate Monitor or FREE Yoga Mat!*
Looking to make a change for the better? The St. Peters Rec-Plex can help you reach your New Year's "Rec-Solution!"
The St. Peters Rec-Plex offers ease of use with a central,
convenient location as well as a variety of options for fitness and fun
at an affordable cost with low non-resident rates.
Check out the Rec-Plex for FREE during the Rec-Plex Fitness Fest on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2013, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Try all of the Rec-Plex’s state-of-the-art facilities, from the expansive cardio fitness and weight training areas to swimming, ice skating, volleyball, basketball, and more.
BONUS: Sign up for a new Rec-Plex annual membership during Fitness Fest--or anytime during the month of January 2013--and choose between a FREE multi-function pedometer/heart rate monitor or FREE yoga mat:*
Rec-Plex annual members get full access to the Rec-Plex and its facilities, plus members can sign up for many monthly aerobics classes for free. GOLD PLUS members get these same advantages plus they get many more free classes and programs. LEARN MORE ABOUT REC-PLEX MEMBERSHIPS
Rec-Plex membership is open to all area residents, both in and outside of St. Peters. St. Peters resident rates are the lowest. And, through a parks agreement, St. Charles residents with a St. Charles Parks Passport can also sign up for Rec-Plex Annual and GOLD PLUS passes at the lower St. Peters resident rates. (In return, St. Peters residents with Resident Privilege Cards get special rates at St. Charles outdoor pools. LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PARKS AGREEMENT.)
Come try the Rec-Plex and get tours from friendly Rec-Plex staff during FITNESS FEST.
FITNESS FEST ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE:
DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE FITNESS FEST SCHEDULE (pdf format)
FACILITIES OPEN FREE TO PUBLIC:
- Cardio & Weight Rooms, Indoor Track for ages 16 and up (9 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Volleyball in the Gym (9 a.m.-noon)
- Basketball in the Gym (noon-3 p.m.)
- Swimming (noon-3 p.m.)
- Ice Skating with FREE skate rental (12:30-3 p.m.)
- Staff providing tours of the Rec-Plex (9 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- From 9:30 a.m.-2 p.m., the Rec-Plex's certified personal trainers will conduct Fitness Assessments in the stretching area by the Cardio Room. These Fitness Assessments are FREE to Rec-Plex members and $25 for the general public. If you sign up as a member during Fitness Fest, you can get your assessment for free. Advance reservations are encouraged.
FREE FITNESS CLASSES:
- 7:30-8 a.m., Beginning RPX Cycling (limit of 15 participants)
- 8:15-9:15 a.m., Body Bar Toning
- 8:15-9:15 a.m., RPX Cycling (limit of 15 participants)
- 9:15-10:15 a.m., Turbo Kick Aerobics
- 9:30-10 a.m., Kettlebell (space is limited)
- 10-11 a.m., Kettlebell for Beginners (space is limited)
- 10:15-11:15 a.m., PiYo Strength
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Zumba
- 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., TBC Total Body Conditioning
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 a.m., NEW CLASS DEMO - Join Sarah Blackburn for a StrongHER class.
- 1-2 p.m., Fencing Demonstration and Class
MORE DURING FITNESS FEST:
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: FREE Tot Drop babysitting—advance reservations encouraged. (The Tot Drop is for ages 3 months to 8 years.)
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Vendor Booths & Displays (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, ADIO Family Chiropractic/Dr. David Wallace, Juice Plus/Angela for Health, America's First Financial, Y-Kiki Diving, Market America)
- 9 a.m.-noon, Cholesterol/HDL screening, $5. Visit the Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital booth between 9 a.m. and
noon to take part in a cholesterol screening for adults. The screening
includes total cholesterol and HDL (good cholesterol). The fee is $5 per
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m.: Get a tour from our friendly Rec-Plex staff.
For more information, call 636.939.2FUN (2386).
VIEW A REC-PLEX PHOTO GALLERY
DID YOU KNOW?
The Rec-Plex has adults-only locker rooms with steam and sauna near the fitness rooms. The adults-only locker rooms were added as part of a 2007 expansion project. The cardio and strength training rooms were also moved and tripled in size during the expansion project.
*Offer not valid for month-to-month passes.